1 2 1/2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 bunch beets (about 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed but not peeled, scrubbed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium-size red onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
1 large turnip, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
1 head of garlic, cloves separated, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine all ingredients on a large baking sheet; Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
1 bunch kale
2 tbsps olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
2 carrots chopped
2 celery stalks sliced
3 cloves fresh garlic chopped
1 can low-sodium chicken broth
1 can 14.5oz crushed tomatoes
2 cups water
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
1 tsp dried oregano
Sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder
1. Cut stems from kale; chop and reserve. Coarsely chop kale leaves; set aside.
2. In a large soup pot add oil over medium heat. Add kale stems, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add kale leaves and continue until wilted about 3-5 minutes. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano and mix well.
4. Stir in broth, tomatoes, and beans; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
1/2 pound lentils
2 cups chopped onion
1-2 leeks, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. ground cumin
3-4 stalks celery, diced
2-4 diced carrots
1 ½ quarts low-sodium vegetable stock
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1. In a large bowl, cover lentils with boiling water and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
2. In large stock pot on medium heat, sauté onions, leeks, and garlic with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, and cumin for 10 minutes.
3. Add celery, carrots, and sauté for 10 more minutes.
4. Add vegetable stock, tomato paste, and lentils. Cover and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to simmer uncovered for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
3 cups gluten free vegetable, or chicken broth
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 15-ounce can kidney beans drained
2 carrots peeled and chopped
1 celery stalks chopped
1 cup onions chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried sage
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
2 cups brown rice pasta
1 medium zucchini, sliced
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1. In a slow cooker, combine broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, sage, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Thirty minutes before the soup is done cooking, add zucchini and spinach. Cover and cook 30 more minutes.
3. In a separate pot boil water and cook brown rice pasta according to package. Once drained add 1 tsp olive oil to avoid sticking.
4. Once soup is done remove bay leaves and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and add pasta if desired.
1 cup brown rice, uncooked
2 1/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1 can (15.5oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
1. Cook rice according to package replacing water with broth. Once cooked, remove from heat, uncover, and fluff with a fork.
2. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, and chili flakes and cook 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in black beans and cook until just warmed through, about 1-2 minutes. Combine onion-black bean mixture and hot rice in a serving bowl and toss to combine. Garnish with parsley.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced medium
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3/4 cup (6 ounces) tomato paste
1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15.5 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and garlic is soft, about 4 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder, season with salt and pepper, and cook until spices are fragrant, 1 minute. Add zucchini and tomato paste; cook, stirring frequently, until tomato paste is deep brick red, 3 minutes. Stir in black beans, pinto beans, and both cans diced tomatoes. Add 2 cups water and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to a medium simmer and cook until zucchini is tender and liquid reduces slightly, 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.