1/2 pound lentils
2 cups chopped onion
1-2 leeks, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. ground cumin
3-4 stalks celery, diced
2-4 diced carrots
1 ½ quarts low-sodium vegetable stock
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1. In a large bowl, cover lentils with boiling water and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
2. In large stock pot on medium heat, sauté onions, leeks, and garlic with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, and cumin for 10 minutes.
3. Add celery, carrots, and sauté for 10 more minutes.
4. Add vegetable stock, tomato paste, and lentils. Cover and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to simmer uncovered for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
1 head escarole cleaned and chopped
1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
32 ounce organic chicken or vegetable stock
3-4 garlic cloves minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups water
sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder
In a soup pot on medium to high heat add olive oil. Next add garlic and saute one minute, stirring frequently to avoid burning, then add escarole. Saute escarole until leaves are wilted about 2-3 minutes. Season with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Next add beans and mix well. Pour in broth and water and continue to cook on high until soup begins to boil. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook another 8-10 minutes.
3 cups gluten free vegetable, or chicken broth
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 15-ounce can kidney beans drained
2 carrots peeled and chopped
1 celery stalks chopped
1 cup onions chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried sage
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
2 cups brown rice pasta
1 medium zucchini, sliced
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1. In a slow cooker, combine broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, sage, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Thirty minutes before the soup is done cooking, add zucchini and spinach. Cover and cook 30 more minutes.
3. In a separate pot boil water and cook brown rice pasta according to package. Once drained add 1 tsp olive oil to avoid sticking.
4. Once soup is done remove bay leaves and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and add pasta if desired.
1 bunch kale
2 tbsps olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
2 carrots chopped
2 celery stalks sliced
3 cloves fresh garlic chopped
1 can low-sodium chicken broth
1 can 14.5oz crushed tomatoes
2 cups water
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
1 tsp dried oregano
Sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder
1. Cut stems from kale; chop and reserve. Coarsely chop kale leaves; set aside.
2. In a large soup pot add oil over medium heat. Add kale stems, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add kale leaves and continue until wilted about 3-5 minutes. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano and mix well.
4. Stir in broth, tomatoes, and beans; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.