Serves 5 (2 muffins per serving)
½ cup packed baby spinach chopped
½ diced red onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 medium tomatoes diced
Sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a 4 cup measuring cup add 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites. Whisk the eggs together and set aside.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once hot, add a drop of olive oil. Then add in spinach, onion, tomato and garlic. Season with sea salt and pepper. Sauté for about 3-5 minutes,
4. Pour the cooked veggies into the whisked eggs. Stir to combine.
5. Grease muffin pan with olive oil. You can use a paper towel to spread evenly. Pour egg/veggie mixture into the muffin pan. You’ll have enough for 10-12 muffin slots.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch or if an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup water or non-dairy milk
¼ teaspoon salt1 tsp chia seeds or handful sliced almonds
Local honey and cinnamon to taste
1. In a small saucepan, bring the water or milk and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, stir in the oats and reduce the heat to medium-low. Let the oatmeal simmer for 5 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency. Make sure to stir occasionally.
2. Remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid, then let it rest for a few minutes. This will give the oats time to absorb the liquid. If they look too dry, stir in a splash more liquid.
3. Add chia seeds or almonds and top with cinnamon and a drizzle of honey then enjoy!
2 slices bakery rye bread, or Ezekiel bread (toasted optional)
handful baby spinach
2-3 slices tomato
red onion, sliced
sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Mash avocado in a bowl and season with sea salt and pepper. Spread on both sides of toast.
2. Layer all other ingredients on one side and top with remaining slice.
1 lb lean ground turkey
2 Tbs chili powder
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup water
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 medium tomato, diced
3 romaine hearts
1 can black olives, sliced
1 small jar of salsa
1. Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef or turkey and onion to pan. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until browned.
2. Add chili powder, garlic salt, cumin, oregano, sea salt and water, and let simmer for 5 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, wash lettuce and tear onto two plates (save some for leftovers).
4. Top with meat, sliced avocado, black olives, tomatoes, cilantro and salsa.
1 tsp. olive oil, divided
sea salt, fresh pepper, garlic powder
1. Set oven on broil high. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towel. Place both pieces of fish on an oven safe baking sheet and brush the top and bottom of fish with one teaspoon olive oil per piece. Be sure to coat the bottom of fish to avoid sticking.
2. Next season the topside of fish with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of garlic powder. This will give a nice crust to the fish.
3. Place fish on top rack in oven and broil for 10-12 minutes.
1 bag frozen spinach
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tbsp. olive oil
sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes.
3 Add spinach and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Sauté stirring frequently for about 8-10 minutes.
1 pound brown rice penne pasta
2 cups fresh chopped plum tomatoes
1 1/2 canned white beans
2 cloves garlic
1. Cook pasta according to package, drain and set aside. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to keep from sticking.
2. While pasta is cooking saute chopped garlic in olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
2. Add chopped fresh tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, or until saucy; add beans and heat until bubbly.
3. Add a little more minced garlic, then a pound of cooked penne pasta.
4. Add fresh basil and a bit more oil and serve.
4 chicken breast halves , bone in
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven 400 degrees.
2. Arrange the chicken bone side down in a 9-by-13 inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
3. Pour the vinegar over them and sprinkle evenly with the oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
4. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes and baste with the vinegar juices.
5. Bake 20 minutes more (depending the size of breast) or until juices run clear.
6. Serve chicken with juices spooned over them.